Okay, here are some updates. I know I haven't updated this site in so long, no one visits anymore probably. Here it is anyway...
Andrew just got tubes in his ears just 3 weeks ago. He is a new child. He has been learning new words and animal sounds about every other day since then. It's amazing how much he has changed. He's listening and looking at my lips when I talk now. He's of course saying some words now and he is sleeping better. He says tractor, thank you, all gone, all done, cow noises, monkey noises, dog noises, cat, etc. He never did any of this before the tubes! So, thank you modern medical technology! He's 18 months old and he loves to climb on everything no matter where we go. I find him in places I never thought to block off! He is on the go nonstop and he has quite the temper. I don't know which side of the family he gets that from...or do I?
Emilee is in a stage where she wants me to be by her side all the time. She cries sometimes now when I leave her at church or preschool. She has never done that and it's a little late to be getting in that stage, but needless to say, that's what is happening. She's getting older and starting to lose her little toddler accent. She still calls her thumb, "flum" and still says her r's like w's or something. I love it. She loves Kaylee and can't stand being bored. She's still the one who makes us laugh so hard and her laugh is so contagious. She's getting taller and she wants long hair so she never wants me to cut it.
Kaylee is going to be 5 in a week or so and she has the days counted down. Yes, kindergarten is in the fall and I can't believe it. I don't want to let go but I know it's a fact of life. I'm working on it. Last year, she had a birthday party with a handful of friends and collected $75 and wanted desparately to give her birthday money to St. Jude's. This year is no different, in fact she's more passionate about it. She loves talking about how to cheer up the patients. She wants to send all her preschool artwork to them, she wants to visit them and always wants to pray for them. Her compassion for those kids absolutely has surprised me and challenged me! She wanted to raise more money for St. Jude's this year for her birthday so I told her she'd have to invite more people. Well, to a 4 year old, that was a simple problem...invite the whole city then! So, we are! St. Jude's Family Fun Day with games and prizes and giveaways and a petting zoo...all kinds of stuff. She's helping me with the plans and she's telling everyone she knows! I'm excited to see how it all turns out. Pray!
JD is still studying for his paramedic exam and is planting the crops. We don't see him much these days. He comes home from his 24 or 48 hour shifts and goes straight to work on the farm. He's a hard worker so he thrives on it. He does miss his kids the most though. When he gets home (if the kids are awake), Andrew goes right to the toy box and gets out the football or basketball and brings it to daddy. It's so cute. The girls just scream at the top of their lungs because they're so excited. Emilee runs up to him and hugs and kisses him even if he's dirty. Kaylee will check him all over and look for a clean spot to kiss and if there isn't one, forget it. That girl doesn't like to be dirty! :)
I am just keeping busy with the kids. Andrew is a constant force to be reckoned with and Kaylee and Emilee have preschool fieldtrips and church activities. The St. Jude's project has been quite time consuming but I've loved every bit of it. I am probably going to start my masters this fall online. I don't know exactly how it's all going to work out but I'm ready for it.
We are going to be working a lot on the house this summer. Tiling around the house and waterproofing the basement, new siding, new roof and major renovations. We're excited about that but I wish I could just fast foward through the whole process! Hopefully, while JD is working on that project, I'll be visiting Jen and the baby with the kids. She's gonna be mentally incompetent by the time we all leave. Well, that is it in a nutshell. Sorry I haven't updated in so long. We love getting comments though! (Hint hint)
Andrew just got tubes in his ears just 3 weeks ago. He is a new child. He has been learning new words and animal sounds about every other day since then. It's amazing how much he has changed. He's listening and looking at my lips when I talk now. He's of course saying some words now and he is sleeping better. He says tractor, thank you, all gone, all done, cow noises, monkey noises, dog noises, cat, etc. He never did any of this before the tubes! So, thank you modern medical technology! He's 18 months old and he loves to climb on everything no matter where we go. I find him in places I never thought to block off! He is on the go nonstop and he has quite the temper. I don't know which side of the family he gets that from...or do I?
Emilee is in a stage where she wants me to be by her side all the time. She cries sometimes now when I leave her at church or preschool. She has never done that and it's a little late to be getting in that stage, but needless to say, that's what is happening. She's getting older and starting to lose her little toddler accent. She still calls her thumb, "flum" and still says her r's like w's or something. I love it. She loves Kaylee and can't stand being bored. She's still the one who makes us laugh so hard and her laugh is so contagious. She's getting taller and she wants long hair so she never wants me to cut it.
Kaylee is going to be 5 in a week or so and she has the days counted down. Yes, kindergarten is in the fall and I can't believe it. I don't want to let go but I know it's a fact of life. I'm working on it. Last year, she had a birthday party with a handful of friends and collected $75 and wanted desparately to give her birthday money to St. Jude's. This year is no different, in fact she's more passionate about it. She loves talking about how to cheer up the patients. She wants to send all her preschool artwork to them, she wants to visit them and always wants to pray for them. Her compassion for those kids absolutely has surprised me and challenged me! She wanted to raise more money for St. Jude's this year for her birthday so I told her she'd have to invite more people. Well, to a 4 year old, that was a simple problem...invite the whole city then! So, we are! St. Jude's Family Fun Day with games and prizes and giveaways and a petting zoo...all kinds of stuff. She's helping me with the plans and she's telling everyone she knows! I'm excited to see how it all turns out. Pray!
JD is still studying for his paramedic exam and is planting the crops. We don't see him much these days. He comes home from his 24 or 48 hour shifts and goes straight to work on the farm. He's a hard worker so he thrives on it. He does miss his kids the most though. When he gets home (if the kids are awake), Andrew goes right to the toy box and gets out the football or basketball and brings it to daddy. It's so cute. The girls just scream at the top of their lungs because they're so excited. Emilee runs up to him and hugs and kisses him even if he's dirty. Kaylee will check him all over and look for a clean spot to kiss and if there isn't one, forget it. That girl doesn't like to be dirty! :)
I am just keeping busy with the kids. Andrew is a constant force to be reckoned with and Kaylee and Emilee have preschool fieldtrips and church activities. The St. Jude's project has been quite time consuming but I've loved every bit of it. I am probably going to start my masters this fall online. I don't know exactly how it's all going to work out but I'm ready for it.
We are going to be working a lot on the house this summer. Tiling around the house and waterproofing the basement, new siding, new roof and major renovations. We're excited about that but I wish I could just fast foward through the whole process! Hopefully, while JD is working on that project, I'll be visiting Jen and the baby with the kids. She's gonna be mentally incompetent by the time we all leave. Well, that is it in a nutshell. Sorry I haven't updated in so long. We love getting comments though! (Hint hint)

3 Comments:
I love your updates, and I miss all three of them so much. I can't wait to see you guys this summer, and Isabella is ready to meet her cousins!
hey, some people still check your site!! Thanks for the updates. I can't believe how big Andrew is getting. And of course the girls are cute as ever. Can't wait to see you guys this summer.
Love ya
Jenelle
I still read your updates...you're even on my favorites list. Your kids are adorable! Hope to get to see you again some day soon.
We are curious if Isabella has arrived! Terry was just talking about meeting your parents for dinner some night soon. So, I thought that I would check on an update. :)
Take care
Post a Comment
<< Home